The Rockwood Board of Education is a group of seven members who are elected to serve as the educational advocate of our community's youth.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Approve the school district's budget.
- Establish goals and evaluate outcomes.
- Adopt and evaluate policies.
- Connect with the community.
- Assure school district performance.
Who is eligible to serve as a school board member?
When are school board members elected?
Is there special training involved in being a board member?
How do boards of education make decisions?
Board of Education Meetings
The Board meets on the first and third Thursday of most months during the year. Meetings begin at 6 p.m. at Crestview Middle School, located at 16025 Clayton Road in Ellisville. Meetings are open to the public.
Meeting Resources: BoardDocs
BoardDocs allows patrons to view the Board meeting agenda and associated supporting documents prior to a board meeting. All materials are in a printer-friendly format for your review. Visit BoardDocs