Providing a safe, caring place for children to learn is a priority for the Rockwood School District. The district has a comprehensive emergency response plan, which includes safety and security procedures for all types of crisis situations. Included in this plan are measures to maintain a secure environment each day. These measures include:
- Identification badges for all employees and visitors.
- Locking exterior doors, except for the main entrance.
- Security cameras monitoring the building and parking lots.
- School resource officers who patrol our buildings.
- Teachers and staff in hallways to help children during passing periods.
These components are part of the district's ongoing efforts to keep students safe.
Parents are an important part of school safety and security efforts. When you visit a school, you can help by always stopping by the school office to check-in and get a visitors badge. When you are in schools, look for these IDs on adults, and immediately report anyone not wearing a badge. As a parent, you can remind your children to alert the teacher or principal if they see or hear anything that causes concern. This responsible action is an important part of school safety.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.