Students will respect other students and other students' property. If intentional destruction of student property occurs, the offending student will be expected to make restitution.
Students will respect the school facilities. If intentional destruction of school property occurs, the offending student will be expected to make restitution.
Students will respect and follow directions from the staff. In addition to the "School-Wide Expectations", each class will have classroom rules that students will be expected to follow. Birthday party invitations are not allowed to be distributed in classrooms. We encourage families to purchase a Buzz Book for mailing information.
Students will use the playground equipment according to good safety rules. These rules will be explained to the students by the classroom teachers, and are to be followed during the noon playtime also.
CANDY AND GUM
Gum chewing is not allowed at school. Candy will be eaten in the lunchroom as a part of a child's sack lunch or in the classroom when provided by the teacher.
STUDENT DRESS AND GROOMING
Responsibility for the way students dress rests with the parent/guardians. The following guidelines are to assist you in preparing your children for school each day:
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All students must wear tennis shoes in gym class.
- Headgear (including hats) is not to be worn in the building (except on special designated Spirit Day).
- Any clothing which disrupts the educational process will not be permitted.
- Extremely tight-fitting, revealing clothing will not be permitted.
- Students' hair and clothing should be neat at all times.
- Clothing which displays slogans or pictures that are suggestive or obscene will not be permitted.
- Clothing that carries slogans or pictures that are suggestive or obscene will not be permitted.
- Clothing that carries slogans representing alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs, profane language or weapons is prohibited.
- Shorts may be worn, but shorts which may be too short or too tight are not permitted.
Halter tops and other similar garments are not appropriate in the educational setting and, therefore, should not be worn to school.
- The driver is in charge of the pupils and the bus.
- Pupils must obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
Pupils must be on time. The bus cannot wait beyond its regular schedule for those who are tardy.
- No eating on the bus at any time.
A quiet noise level should be maintained at all times as a safety factor so the driver is not distracted.
- Classroom conduct is to be observed by pupils while riding in the bus.
- Pupils must not extend their arms or head out of the bus windows.
- Pupils must not move about or try to get off the bus while it is in motion.
- Pupils must observe instructions from the driver when leaving the bus.
Any damage to a bus by a student must be paid by the student responsible for the damage.
- The driver will not discharge riders at places other than the regular bus stop, unless proper authorization is received from parent and school.
- Missouri law does not permit animals aboard a school bus.
The following rules apply to students while in the Stanton Cafeteria:
- Walk at all times
- Use good manners
- Clean up after eating
- Return trays and silverware to the proper places
- Deposit all trash in appropriate containers
- Eat only what is on their trays-don't pass or trade food
- Talk in quiet voices