We are very fortunate to have two counselors at our school who job-share. Tina Kilpatrick works all day on Monday and Tuesday. Lisa Sandbothe works on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. Both are here to do what they can to make sure your child(ren) have a successful year at Uthoff.
Mrs. Sandbothe works primarily with our third, fourth and fifth graders. Mrs. Kilpatrick works primarily with kindergarten, first and second grade students.
Our school guidance and counseling program is an integral part of Uthoff Valley's total educational program. The counselor extends a hand to all children, not just the problem or troubled child.
The counseling program follows the Rockwood Guidance and Counseling Mission to help all students obtain the skills, abilities and attitudes to be lifelong learners. Some of the objectives of the guidance and counseling program are:
- Teach Classroom Guidance Lessons to students following Rockwood's Guidance Curriculum.
- Facilitate small group counseling
- Provide short-term individual counseling
- Coordinate CARE TEAM meetings
- Facilitate referrals to Rockwood's Gifted Program
- Conference with teachers and parents
- Interpret individual student test results
Appointments can be made in a variety of ways:
- A student may request an appointment.
- A teacher may request an appointment for a student.
- A parent may request an appointment for a child.
- An administrator may request an appointment for a student.