Action Plan to Address the State Audit
Rockwood is committed to addressing the issues noted in the recent audit report and moving forward to do what’s best for our students, families, staff and community.
We are working through an action plan that will address the recommendations noted by the State Auditor. The district expects to make significant progress with this action plan before the auditor's return in 90 days. Our focus will include the following:
1. Take the recommendations seriously.
2. Update the current board policies for purchasing and construction management. Be sure they are consistent with state law. Fully comply with the policies and state law.
3. Attempt to collect any overpayment. Attorneys are reviewing the district's contract with Glenn Construction to determine overpayment on change order fees for work not included in the original contract.
4. Form a Bond Oversight Committee. Include members who can offer constructive ideas on ways to improve the bond issue process so projects are completed efficiently.
5. Track our progress. We will share the steps of our action plan with the Rockwood school community. Our parents and patrons can visit the Audit Action Plan to view our progress in moving forward with recommendations noted in the auditor’s report.