The Rockwood Communications Department supports Rockwood staff, students and community by providing a forum for on-going, strategic, two-way communication. The department focuses on enhanced communication within the district and between the district and its stakeholders by using a variety of interpersonal, electronic, print and media channels.
The Department of Communications provides leadership, counsel and training in order to accomplish the following communication goals. Goals are listed in no particular order of priority and should be recognized as integrated activities for achieving long-term success.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders to strengthen support for the Rockwood School District.
- Utilize a variety of media to maximize awareness and support of the District’s goals, objectives and programs.
- Establish effective employee communication plan to improve internal communication and employee engagement.
- Establish strong, positive connections between individual schools and their communities.
- Create key messages and talking points about RSD to establish “one clear voice” throughout all communication channels.
- Establish a clear “brand” identity for the District and build on that image and reputation.
- Maintain a proactive media relations program to enhance the district’s image on local, state and national levels.
- Achieve coordinated communications, both internally and externally, regarding safety issues and crisis management.
- Utilize effective operational practices to provide good customer service, increased efficiency and quality printed materials.