Eureka High School > Offices > 11th Grade Principal - Dr. Johnathon White
11th Grade Principal Blog -
Dr. Johnathon White
A few reminders about parking:
- Make sure you park in your numbered spot
- If you are parking in daily (look at the number of the spot and pay before lunch), it is the last two rows by Hwy 109 and parallel by baseball field
- do not pull out in front of or between the buses when they are leaving
- Parking can be revoked if you are not following the rules
Drive safe and be here on time by accounting for the congestion in the mornings.
When: Jan. 18th
Topic: Heroin and the N-Bomb (new drug in the area)
What Hours: 2nd and 3rd (must have teachers sign your pass)
Get passes in any of the offices.
Top 10 Things You Should Be Doing As A Junior At EHS:
10. Participating in extracurriculluar activities as a fan or particpant.
9. Make sure your 2nd semester schedule is good to go.
8. Speaking to Mr. Buckman about college and career choices.
7. Taking care of your A+ responsibiliites.
6. Relaxing over Thanksgiving break.
5. [FILL IN YOUR OWN HERE BY RESPONDING ON THE BLOG - KEEP IT SCHOOL APPROPRIATE OF COURSE]
4. Getting ready for 1st semester finals.
3. Passing along holiday cheer through giving or just being a nice person.
2. Focusing on those grades, this is your most important academic year of your educational career so far.
1. Enjoying your junior year because it will be over before you know it (almost half-way done) and you will be a Senior!!!!!
We will have another series of S.T.A.R. events/speakers this school year on the following dates covering a variety of significant topics for teenagers today.
You will pick up forms in the offices the week before the meetings and have your teachers sign that it is okay for you to miss their class to attend the meeting.
Sept. 12 - Texting and Driving
Oct. 10 - Alcohol
Nov. 14 - Marijuana
Dec. 5 - Depression/Suicide
Jan. 18 - Tobacco
Feb. 15 - Heroin
*Location: Dorthy Wood Theater
April 4 (Tentative Date) - Drunk-U-Drama Event (North Parking Lot)
See me if you have any questions or want to help out with S.T.A.R.
Welcome back Class of 2014! I hope everyone has had a productive, yet restful summer and are recharged for the 2012-13 school year. Make sure to stop and introduce yourself in the hallways or in the commons during lunches these first few weeks. If you need anything my door is always open. I am looking forward to a great school year see you on the 14th!
Parking Permit and Parking Procedures:
Parking Permit Cost:
Order of precedent by which parking permits are issued:
1. Senior who partners with a Senior
2. Individual Senior
3. Junior who partners with a Senior*
4. Junior who partners with a Junior*
* All Juniors must have a partner to get a permit.
July 24th - Senior Parking Registration
July 25th - Junior Parking Registration
The parking permit application and guidelines will be mailed home in the summer mailer. You can turn your parking permit information in to the main office any time during the summer before the parking registration dates. Everything must be filled out along with valid drivers license for both drivers, all fines must be paid and Juniors must have at least 12 credits to get a permit.
Please read through the guidlines and rules carefully as there have been a few changes.
Congratulations to the new class officers for 2012-13!
Class of 2013 Class of 2014 Class of 2015
Pres. Paige Ondr Alicia Kilpatrick Claire Jensen
V-Pres. Sovik B. Emma Esposito Jessica Louis
Sec. Alex Branchfield Sydney Ridinger Anna Valenti
Tres. Matt Schulz Lauren Von Seelen Eric Meyer
Instead of Eureka Friday Friends this month we will be hosting our annual Black History Month Assembly.
Black History Month Assembly Info:
Tuesday, 2/28/12 from 3:30-5:30PM in the commons.
There will a variety of activities including a keynote speaker, performance by the Wild-N-Out Cats, Poetry Readings, profiles of influential African Americans, pizza and snacks, just to mention just a few of the neat activities that will be taking place.
Everyone is welcome so bring a friend, invite a staff member and make sure you show-up to the Black History Month Assembly!
Eureka Friday Friends is designed to allow our city student the opportunity to invite county students to lunch during the school day. The intention is to continue to build relationships and create new ones, as well as, to offer an opportunity for these individuals to meet each other.
Our next E.F.F. luncheon will be on January 27th. Keep an eye out for passes in the grade level offices and start thinking about who you could invite!
January 13th (half day)
2nd and 3rd hours (8:43-9:31AM)
You must get a pass from a grade level secretary and have your 2nd and 3rd hour teachers sign so you may attend.