The Rockwood Schools Foundation is a publicly supported 501(C)(3) organization with an independent board of directors. The Foundation raises money and receives contributions to benefit the school district above and beyond regular tax revenues. The Foundation is not part of the Rockwood School District, however it collaborates with the district to provide exceptional opportunities for staff and students through grant opportunities.
To invest in innovations that enhance educational opportunities for Rockwood students and enrich the communities we serve.
In partnership with the Rockwood School District the Foundation:
- shares a vision to enhance education
- works to increase private support for educational activities
- benefits students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
- fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and community involvement
- To promote the enrichment of student learning opportunities by providing resources for innovative instructional programs.
- To support leadership and creativity among teachers by providing resources to encourage innovation in instructional strategies and programs, professional growth, and promotion of collaboration between teachers and the community.
- To strengthen partnerships between the community and Rockwood Schools Foundation by increasing the awareness of the role of the foundation and its mission.